Why do bad things happen to good people? What role does religion play in politics? Can Judaism be spiritual? Have you ever wondered if Judaism has the answers to your fundamental questions?
Maven is the name of the new online courses developed by Aish UK. From courses on Philosophy to Jewish History to Spirituality, you will come away feeling informed, educated and empowered. Join some of the top Jewish educators in the world on a journey of discovery with short videos, additional source material for those who want to learn more, and trigger questions to help make this ancient wisdom relevant to the 21st century.
Aish UK are currently offering three courses:
Jewish Philosophy with Rabbi Daniel Rowe: https://www.aish.org.uk/course/jewishphilosophy
Jewish History's Great Debates with Rabbi Eli Birnbaum and Rebbetzin Shalvie Friedman: https://www.aish.org.uk/course/jewishhistorysgreatdebates
Practical Spirituality with Rabbi Dov Ber Cohen: https://www.aish.org.uk/course/practicalspirituality
Learn more about Aish UK's Maimonides courses https://www.aish.org.uk/courses
Jewish Philosophy Course Outline:
• The Existence of God
• The Purpose of Creation
• Science and Judaism
• Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
• The Garden of Eden
• Divine Authorship
• Five Levels of Living a Fulfilled Life
• The Oral Tradition
• Why Are There So Many Commandments?
Jewish History's Great Debates Course Outline:
• Introduction to Jewish History
• Church vs State
• The Rabbis vs Everyone
• Chassidism vs Rationalism
• Zionism vs Traditionalism
• First Temple vs Second Temple
• The Yeshiva vs The Workplace
• Traditional Jewish Woman vs Contemporary Jewish Woman
• Prophecy vs Wisdom
• Tradition vs Innovation
Practical Spirituality Course Outline:
• Introduction to Spirituality
• True Happiness
• Key Attitude Shifts
• The Foundation of a Positive Attitude
• Mastering Your Mind
• Mindfulness and Meditation
• The Purpose of Life
• Living a Well Thought Out Life
• What Do We Believe?
• Evidence for Divinity of the Torah
Follow Aish UK on socials:
- February 5th 2020